Saturday, October 23, 2010

Deutschland.

Hello all!

I am currently sitting in my friend Charlotte's flat in Vallendar, Germany, enjoying some Musli (cereal). I got to Germany yesterday afternoon then drove here with Charlotte yesterday evening. Its quite a surreal experience to wake up in St. Bees, England and go to sleep in Germany. But I love it.

Charlotte goes to school here and the town is so beautiful. I'm going to take some pictures at some point this week and hopefully put them on facebook. If you think of a stereotypical European town with the narrow, stone streets and the gorgeous architecture, thats pretty much what it looks like.

And if you didn't know already, I turned 18 yesterday! Its a big deal here. Like, much more of a big deal than I expected. I actually had a drink in the airport before I left because I could. I made such a fool of myself when I went to order it because I was so excited to be getting it legally. It was quite amusing. The bartender looked at me like I was insane, but oh well. I forgot to mention that before I left for Germany my friends at school threw me a party and ordered Indian takeway for me. It was lovely.

Warning: If you don't want to hear about innocent little me drinking alcohol, don't read the next paragraph.

Last night Charlotte took me out for my birthday and it was a lot of fun! Actually, she had champagne waiting for me in her flat for before we went out. It was really sweet of her. First, she took me to this party that was outside, sort of in a garage. It was fun. Everyone was really nice although I couldn't understand most of what they were saying. Her friends were excited to find out it was my birthday. One of her guy friends gave me this vodka (wodka as it is here) and I thought my esophagus was deteriorating. It was pretty strong. And they also gave me an authentic German beer. I have to say, German beer is very good. I can't really compare it to anything because I haven't really had American beer but I can imagine it doesn't compare. After the garage party we took a cab and went into Koblenz. It reminded me of the night we took a cab from St Bees to go into Whitehaven, which was kind of funny. But anyways, we went to this club. It was insane. It was set up so there was multiple dance floors and themes. Like one was house music, one had German music, one had American hits, etc etc. It was really fun because everyone dances, including the guys (I'll get to them later). At the club I had a malibu and coke, its become my drink of choice. And someone convinced me to try a red bull and vodka. It was ok, but I don't think I'll have it again. And before you get any idea, I wasn't drunk because I paced myself AND I ate before I went out. I'm a smart girl. I think we got back at like 2 or 3 am. Which is apparently an early night for most people. I was thinking "If this is an early night, I don't know if I could make it on a full night out". I guess I'm just not used to the lifestyle. But overall I would say I had a really great 18th birthday.

Anyways, the German boys are soooooo cute! Seriously. They all look older than their real age and they are just so adorable. I mean, I don't know if all German boys are like this or if Charlotte just has really attractive friends but it doesn't matter because I had fun just hanging around them haha.

Today, I'm going to hang out here until Charlotte gets back from her meeting. And then we're going to her cheerleading practice (yes, I said cheerleading practice; I'll have more on that after I do some observations). And then we're driving to her parents house in Muenster for the weekend. I'll try to update as much as I can, but we all know I'm really bad at updating this so we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. it's ALL german boys! i met some this summer and they were definitely good looking.

    ReplyDelete