Saturday, September 4, 2010

Scenic route.

Today has been quite good. I took the train with Camron (the oldest son in my host family) and he showed me around Whitehaven (nearest big town, think Danville in relation to Chatham). I got some necessary items that I needed. We had lunch, with a glass of wine (woohooo). The cities/towns here are so beautiful and historic. Even modern shops and pubs still have a classic look to them that you just don't find in American cities. Camron also took me around school and showed me my boarding house. I will definitely get lost. Apparently the school doesn't really do any sort of orientation, they just kind of throw you in there so we'll see how that goes. After he showed me around the village and the school we stopped in a pub and I had a gin and tonic. Apparently showing ID is not really required here because technically I shouldn't be able to drink. When in England, do as the English do!

This evening I was invited to a barbecue with some of my school mates- the same kids that will actually be in my year at school. I had a great time and I'm really relieved to actually know some of the kids that I will be going to school with. They all seem quite cool and fun. But whoever said British girls aren't pretty are lying. Definite myth. They let me in on all the secrets of the school and what you can and cannot get away with and such. I'm excited and nervous to get started.

Hopefully pictures to come soon because I literally cannot put into words the beauty of this place.

I shall report back soon. Now bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment