Monday, September 27, 2010

I suck at updating.

I apologize for lack of updates lately. I'm really bad at sitting down and writing a blog post.

School is going really well. I'm starting to get used to the teacher's various preferences and all that good stuff. I still hate the uniform. Its a torture device and I can't wait to get home and take it off everyday. I don't know how the kids in my class have worn the same thing everyday for years of their lives. It would drive me absolutely insane.

I have finally figured out my half term plans. I'm going to GERMANY!!! Yeah, you read that right. I'm going to Deutschland. I'm going to visit my friend Charlotte for 4 days. She lives in Munster (I don't know if that's spelled right) and she has her own flat. So that should be fun. Oh, and did I mention the first night I'm there is my 18th birthday? Partayyyyy. Anyways, for the last half of the week I'm staying with two of my friends from school. One of those friends, her dad owns a club in the center of Cologne. Once again, PARTAYYY. Ok, I'm done now. I am excited to sight see and experience Germany from a native's point of view.

I find it really funny that everyone from home is complaining about the rain. Um, hello, try living in England. I
bet you won' t complain about one day of rain ever again. The weather is crazy here. Its so cold already and I've been told that it will get bone chilling cold and it will rain for 4 straight months. Bring. It. On.

I don't really have much exciting things to talk about because I've just been going to school and coming home and doing work. Although, I did go to the cinema (aka movie theater) this weekend and that was a bit of an experience. First of all, the popcorn is sweet. Sort of like kettle corn but covered in sugar. Its actually really good. And second of all, there was a bar in the cinema. A BAR. You get your concessions and everything then you walk through where you give your tickets to the person and there is a bar. You can go sit down and have a drink before your movie. I've never seen that in my life. Veryyy interesting.

I will try my best to update again on Sunday, or maybe sooner. But I'm going to a fancy dress party (costume party) on Saturday so maybe I'll have some interesting stories to share after wards.

Tah tah for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maddy, you will love Germany! I was there many years ago and it was fasinating. We flew into Munich but stayed in Augsburg. Bring your Mom back a Hummel, she'll love it. Glad things are settling down for you. Have fun.

    Martha Richardson

    ReplyDelete